Friday, November 19, 2010

"Earl the Squirrel"

I know that I haven't posted a lot lately, we have been very busy, so there has been less time for reading. Right now I am working on reading a couple different books, but for now, here's a children's book for the youngest ones reading this :)
"Earl the Squirrel" by Don Freeman (the author of "Corduroy") is the sad tale of Earl, who, as you may have guessed, is a squirrel. One night his mother tells him he must go hunt for acorns on his own, with no help at all from her or anyone else. Because his human friend, Jill, is not able to give him an acorn, she gives him a little red scarf to wear. It is good luck for Earl, as one night he goes on a journey to find an acorn. Earl is the cutest hero, and little kids love to ask questions, and laugh at certain parts. It is really cute, and the illustrations are very nice. I say anybody under 8 years old would love this book, but if you want to know a secret... I think I kind of enjoyed it myself. If you have a toddler in your life, I would recommend this book.

Natalia

1 comment:

  1. hey i like the book and i am 9 years old so i say it is 1 and up

    maddie

    ReplyDelete