Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"The Greatest Stories Never Told"



"The Greatest Stories Never Told" by Rick Beyer is a collection of 100 shocking stories beginning in 46 B.C. and going on until 1990 A.D. The stories are all about what REALLY happened during certain events. Leaf Erickson didn't really discover North America.... the pilgrims landed on Plymouth because they ran out of beer.... one of the best baseball players of all time never made it into the major leagues... we had a year with 14 months! These are just a few of the interesting tidbits you will find tucked into this nice book. On one page, you will find a story (and I'll bet you you've never heard 2/3s of them!), and on the page to the right, you will find pictures, photographs and quotes. They are all amazing, and I would definitely recommend it for all students - or at least older students. I wouldn't want to confuse younger children, because the things you read can be a completely different side of the story than what you've always heard.

I really enjoy this extraordinary book, and love that you can read it at just about any pace. I have come back to it over and over again. I hope that you like it as much as me. If you see it somewhere.... buy it or check it out! It is a total "Gem". I give it those 5 stars it deserves! I would recommend this to anyone ages 9 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment